viernes, 9 de enero de 2009

Chili and cornbread


f Obama truly likes chili, he should consider the consequences of serving it at a meal with Putin or Medvedev. I recently traveled to Russia and made Texas Chili with Mexican cornbread for my fiancee and her family. For a people who are accustomed to many dishes made with vinegar or mayonnaise, the spicey dish was not so desireable. I think I am the first person to ever make chili in Russia.

John F. Kennedy: 35th President
John Fitzgerald Kennedy was the first president to shine a spotlight on the White House chef. His staff approached chef Jacques Pépin, but having already served for France's President Charles de Gaulle, he turned down the generous offer. "I loved Kennedy, but I had no inkling for the potential publicity in the White House," recalls Pépin. Turned out John Kennedy wasn't a big foodie; instead, he often had to be reminded to dine. When at the table, President Kennedy was true to his New England roots, munching on New England clam chowder, corn muffins, and baked beans.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario